Established in 1930, Christchurch Chamber of Trade became a company limited by guarantee in 2006. Christchurch Chamber of Trade and Commerce Limited is a not-for-profit company, registered in England No. 5687049, with registered offices at 10 Bridge St, Christchurch, BH23 1EF
The objectives of the Company are:
• To consider and promote all lawful measures, plans and schemes to further, improve and secure the trading, commercial and other interests of the Borough of Christchurch ‘Christchurch’)
• To advance commercial and technical education
• To promote a spirit of goodwill and unity among the traders and business community based in Christchurch
• To support fair principles of trading for members.
Christchurch Chamber of Trade and Commerce is a subscription based association of local businesses that aim to support one another and represent our combined interests in the community. We are a non-political body, so can support or oppose any proposals that affect the
We have over 130 members from all business types, as well an Executive Committee which meets monthly to discuss business development and promotional opportunities within the Borough, and to review planning applications, traffic management and town centre issues.
We represent members at regular meetings with Christchurch Borough Council on key issues which
affect the business life of the town On Town Centre Strategy discussions, which formulate policy for the future of the town, on Bournemouth International Airport Consultative Committee, the Health and Safety Committee and the Local Crime Prevention Panel and on variety of local community projects.
We organise Social functions where members have a chance to meet and network, the Car Park Refund Scheme and Wick Lane Parking Permits, the SHOPLINK Retail Radio System and Free Parking at Christmas.
We proudly sponsor:
* The Christchurch Food and Wine Festival
* The Christmas Festival